DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Old 28th February 2009 , 09:15 PM

Default Cubase tuition

Hi,

I live near cambridge and I am looking for some serious tuitions in Cubase or equivalent.

Thanks
Am
Braci is offline Offline
Old 1st March 2009 , 06:41 AM
Forum Idol

at what level may i ask and why do you feel you need tuition and cant self teach?

what is it your struggling with?
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Old 1st March 2009 , 11:57 AM

Hi,

Thanks for the message. I am beginner at Cubase and I found the self teaching time-consuming with no steady progress. I usually give up. I bought the tutorial -ask video- then I could not make a continuity of all the knowledge involved. I might be wrong and did not show patience.

Thanks
Am
Braci is offline Offline
Old 1st March 2009 , 12:13 PM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braci View Post
Hi,

Thanks for the message. I am beginner at Cubase and I found the self teaching time-consuming with no steady progress. I usually give up. I bought the tutorial -ask video- then I could not make a continuity of all the knowledge involved. I might be wrong and did not show patience.

Thanks
Am
if time consuming is something you wish to avoid your in the wrong game im afraid, it can be minimized but you have to perceiver with it. unfortunately im not near Cambridge and stopped using cubase a long time ago but if you want to know ways to achieve certain objectives and have researched into it but still fail then post here your questions and we will all probably try and help, well those that can? books are a good source for learning as you take them with you and can just read them when you have a minute to soak in while away from the computer.

which version of cubase have you got?
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Old 1st March 2009 , 01:03 PM

Hi Sureno;

Many thanks for your help. I have a SX3. Do you think I should invest in a totally different package in view of its practicality on long term? maybe Logic. I am trying to develop my hobby and nothing pro. I play guitar and I wish to put together few songs and to edit them. I have a busy job and I am trying to do something I like to breath a bit.

I had a look to your website, fantastic interface and phenomenally brilliant music shouting pro... Spot on! it sounds that you'v licked your fair share of Peanut Butter!!!

Thank you.
Am
Braci is offline Offline
Old 1st March 2009 , 02:54 PM
Uber Member

Best advice is to get a few books, watch a few vids and just crack at it mate. I'm also a total beginner using Cubase, its not always the most intuitive programme but when you figure something out its like a lightbulb going off and it all makes sense.
Cuabse is pretty good for recording (from what I read-I'm purely digital myself) and the audio manipulation is pretty easy to fathom once you've cracked the basics.
Like Sureno said though, if you get stuck and just can't make something work just ask on here man, someone will either know or will be able to point you at a resource that will.
Old 1st March 2009 , 05:22 PM
Rave Digga

the ask videos youve bought are brilliant and you wont learn anything going on a course that the ask videos cant teach you at home..best thing too learn is too create a basic song or a couple of bars loop and try out the tutorials with it so you can learn by actually doing the things it will show you.so for example use one day too try out compression techniques and the next day try out equing and eventually things will fall into place ive been using cubase for years and im still learning little things with each version of cubase im on studio 5 now and my wifes buying me cubase 5 for my birthday but with each version theres new things too learn.

stick with the videos mate there a really good starting point.
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 5th March 2009 , 03:39 PM

Thanks waxxy for your advice. I shall get on with it.
Braci is offline Offline
Old 6th May 2009 , 12:57 PM
Tarnce Monkey

There really is no shortcut. If you're fairly new to DAWs then the best suggestions have already been made. Read up, watch videos, ask on forums but most importantly use the software and experiment. It takes literally months and months to learn something like Cubase.

Keep at it
tehlord is offline Offline
Old 6th May 2009 , 03:48 PM

get some dvds from the likes of howaudio.com, i got some for protools that had me up and running in a few hours/days/months
bluebearddub is offline Offline
Old 11th May 2009 , 10:49 AM

Hi

have you seen this?

http://www.60minutesoftware.com/60ms/

It's specifically for people wanting to learn stuff quickly. Not too expensive either.

I ought to mention that I know one of the chaps in the video (Guy Michelmore), he runs the distance learning course I am on and has used various packages for many years.

(no commission for me, so I have no ulterior motive in recommending these videos!)
tyronehowe is offline Offline
Old 11th July 2009 , 03:58 PM

Default Many thanks

Hi,

Thank you all for your advice and guidance.

Cheers
Braci is offline Offline
Old 24th July 2009 , 07:39 PM

There is Tony Bywaters but he is in Potters Bar Herts. You can contact him as TonyB on the Cubase forum. This guy is a maestro he has used Cubase Full time for his lining since Atari days. He is a good teacher too (very relaxed and supportive). Its worth booking a whole day with him at his studio and coming over. I still go to him after a decade or more.

There is NOthing this guy does not know, everything obsuce he can answer and he has taught generations of students. Hius rates are very reasonable too.

Saved my skin many times. More people should know about him
ZeroZero is offline Offline