DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Old 3rd February 2009 , 10:23 AM
Keeper o' the Keys!

Default Using Cubase 5

I know this has already been posted, and I'm not trying to cross-post, but rather thought this would be better off in it's own correctly titled thread.... Well... I've been playing with Cubase 5 this evening and took the drastic step of loading up a (copy of) a current track I'm mixing. Thought I'd post the work-in-progress as it also has the 90-day evaluation Halion Orchestra plugin playing the string-quartet piece at the start of this track. Something I have noticed about C5 that has improved is that it seems to correctly export a stereo mix when I have my UAD2 and PowerCore cards running plug-ins within in a mix... before now I have had to do a realtime export in order to make the compressors work correctly, but that seems to have completely gone away in C5 and I can once again do non-realtime exports. Here's the track:
Comments on the track are welcome too
Old 3rd February 2009 , 10:49 AM
Forum Idol

Dave, is it me, soundcloud or cubase but the vocals sound glitchy to me as if there are artefacts through out? tbh i think this could be a soundcloud thing as this is not the first time iv questioned soundcloud.

could we hear the original C4 version? also was this bounced off line? have you tried bouncing in real time?
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Last edited by sureno; 3rd February 2009 at 10:51 AM. . <
Old 3rd February 2009 , 11:05 AM
Keeper o' the Keys!

I'm pretty sure it's SoundCloud, it seems to do *something* to the track. Although, there actually is one glitch on the bass part right at the end of the track that I'm yet to tidy up.

There's not much point in me uploading the previous C4 mix as it won't highlight any differences between C4 and C5 as I'm using mostly 3rd party plugins (Sonnox, UAD, PowerCore) and the mix has moved on anyway - it wouldn't be a like-for-like comparison. I'll try and upload a version to my own player later on today for a better quality listen.

It was bounced offline... I nearly always bounce in realtime, but was curious to see if C5 would allow offline bounces with UAD & PoCo plugins.
Old 3rd February 2009 , 11:08 AM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boulden View Post
I'm pretty sure it's SoundCloud, it seems to do *something* to the track. Although, there actually is one glitch on the bass part right at the end of the track that I'm yet to tidy up.

There's not much point in me uploading the previous C4 mix as it won't highlight any differences between C4 and C5 as I'm using mostly 3rd party plugins (Sonnox, UAD, PowerCore) and the mix has moved on anyway - it wouldn't be a like-for-like comparison. I'll try and upload a version to my own player later on today for a better quality listen.

It was bounced offline... I nearly always bounce in realtime, but was curious to see if C5 would allow offline bounces with UAD & PoCo plugins.
yeah must be sound cloud
Old 3rd February 2009 , 11:21 AM
Keeper o' the Keys!

Just thought... it's not the clicky ride cymbal (need to tweak the compressor) in the choruses you're hearing as glitches is it?
Old 3rd February 2009 , 11:30 AM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Just thought... it's not the clicky ride cymbal (need to tweak the compressor) in the choruses you're hearing as glitches is it?
no it is very subtle hic cups in the actual vocal, the best i can describe it is as if the vocal was cut up and the cuts where off the 0-axis by a few samples, make sense??? sorry cant really explain it better

i gather this is just me then and your not hearing it
Old 3rd February 2009 , 11:39 AM
Keeper o' the Keys!

Sometimes you get so close to a track you're working on, your ears get tired or desensitized and you just don't hear stuff. I've just had a much more critical listen myself, and yes, I can hear it now. I'm fairly sure it's the offline bounce doing that... so maybe it's not quite as "fixed" as I thought it was!

Thanks for spotting it.
Old 3rd February 2009 , 11:55 AM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Sometimes you get so close to a track you're working on, your ears get tired or desensitized and you just don't hear stuff. I've just had a much more critical listen myself, and yes, I can hear it now. I'm fairly sure it's the offline bounce doing that... so maybe it's not quite as "fixed" as I thought it was!

Thanks for spotting it.
now iv done you that favour, here's your Y-fronts and spandex... changing rooms in the back

logic too has horrible off line bounce, i personally dont believe in it any more and do everything in real time, perfect time for making a Tea
Old 15th February 2009 , 03:56 PM
Rave Digga

yeah theres glitches at around 57-58 seconds on the track and it continues until about 1.10 mins in it sounds like the vocals were edited then they overlap slightly i dont know if you did any vocal edits but i think thats what sureno was talking about.

i dont think its soundcloud because ive listened to the track a few times now to check if it was glitching because it was being streamed and its happening at the same point everytime.if its not edit it could have glitched when exported its happened to me once or twice on exporting tracks .its easily done if your working on a track for along time your ears start missing stuff because you just wanna get it finished .
waxxy is offline Offline