DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Old 28th January 2009 , 02:10 PM
Rave Digga

Default grace period emergency need help !!

ive just got my new copy of studio 4 so i could get the grace period update cheap and the bag doesnt contain any recipt it just contains the shipping info and who sent it and just says item is cubase ..nothing else..

ive contacted reverbstores again and the guy said dont worry we never send recipts in the orders we use the inital first order email as your recipt they said just print that off and youll be ok..i asked for a recipt too be posted but they wont he just kept saying just print that off it has all the order info in that email youll be ok..can anyone confirm this is ok ?thanks
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 28th January 2009 , 02:27 PM
Sound Guru

I'm sure a direct inquiry with Steinberg would give you the most correct answer...
whitecat is offline Offline
Old 28th January 2009 , 02:35 PM
Rave Digga

thanks terminal i just mailed them hope they reply soon ..
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 28th January 2009 , 05:18 PM
Rave Digga

well ive just screen grabbed my inital order email ive also screen grabbed my bank statement showing ive paid for the item and it shows how much and too who and finally i scanned my shipping document ..hopefully everything should be ok now ive gave them more than enough proof ive bought the item and when and for how much ..
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 29th January 2009 , 12:32 PM

waxxy - we're going to need your receipt for this. shipping info, order info etc don't quite give us the proof-of-purchase we need (although it will clearly tie up and make sense to yourself). i know the reverb pos system very well so i'm fairly confident that your receipt can be re-printed. let me know how you get on.
a uk steinberger is offline Offline
Old 29th January 2009 , 05:11 PM
Rave Digga

ive just contacted a nice guy there i explained the grace period situation too him he explained they dont send physical recipts out anymore but he is sending me the full vat recipt with all the details on it via email he explained its the same pdf they used to print out .he said print out this pdf and send or scan and email to steinberg and ill be ok.
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 29th January 2009 , 05:21 PM
Rave Digga

just got it he sent it as a pdf file so i could send it straight away ive checked it ..its a proper recipt ive just sent it off hope everythings ok now
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 29th January 2009 , 05:46 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

... and just for future reference... I don't think any shop can refuse to give a receipt for anything you've paid VAT on.
Old 29th January 2009 , 06:27 PM
Rave Digga

yeah your right dave ..i guess the first guy i spoke too was in a c.b.a mood ( CANT BE ARSED)but the guy i just spoke too was helpful and nice he said if you buy from store you will get recipt but if you buy online youll get pdf recipt with vat numbers on it and everything else just like a physical recipt i guess there trying too save money i imagine printing out lots of recipts can ammount too alot of money in the long term .in fact i think its a pretty good idea actually the pdf he sent me is just the thing hed print off but hes saved money on paper and ink and its a much greener way or selling .

i just hope everything goes threw ok now. its been alot of hassle getting this grace period upgrade i wont be upgrading again in a hurry.

hows cubase 5 dave ive read mixed reviews on some sites lots are saying its good but lots are saying the variaudio hammers your processor and a few are reporting lock ups and sysytem crashes i know steinberg will be releasing patches in the next few weeks at the minute there just cataloguing faults being reported on there site and other sites.

one thing everyones loving is the new plug ins the reverb and the grooveagent one and beat designer are getting excellent reviews but same again a few are reporting the reverb takes a few seconds to load each preset and hammers the cpu .one feature people re liking are the mixer fader when you click on any parameter in the new vsts instead of clicking threw the numbers you hold down the mouse button and a fader appears so you can move them much quicker ..nice feature
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 29th January 2009 , 10:26 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

Yeah, I have a lot of suppliers who email through a PDF invoice or let you download it from their site when you login. I have to get VAT receipts for my gear so that I can reclaim the VAT and have evidence of what my company money is being spent on for the accountant. I actually prefer having the PDF emailed as then I know exactly where it is when it comes time to do the books (in fact, I have to do a VAT return this very weekend )

Haven't managed to get C5 installed yet. It arrived this morning, but have been busy with work until this evening and then had my band round for a rehearsal... just finished... gonna have something to eat and then get it installed and take it for whirl!
Old 29th January 2009 , 10:40 PM
Mic Check 1!

Quote:
Originally Posted by a uk steinberger View Post
waxxy - we're going to need your receipt for this. shipping info, order info etc don't quite give us the proof-of-purchase we need (although it will clearly tie up and make sense to yourself). i know the reverb pos system very well so i'm fairly confident that your receipt can be re-printed. let me know how you get on.
It's nice to see manufacturers/distributors around here taking notice. Full marks Steinberg!