DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Digital Audio Sequencers > Cubase
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Cubase Discuss Steinberg's popular DAS

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16th January 2009 , 02:38 PM
Hell-Rider

Lets just hope the windows 7 support is good. Had a play on the beta of W7 and its so so so much better than vista, no annoying UAC crap all the time, runs smoother, everythings much nicer in terms of functions. Gonna install on my old machine for a while cuz i havent put it through its paces with apps yet but hey from what i can see so far microsoft have pulled their finger out
JAYDMF is offline Offline
Old 16th January 2009 , 03:00 PM
ndk

Our very own Ben Scully of Synergy fame was playing with Cubase 5 yesterday at BETT (educational technology event). He is pretty impressed with the new features. I learnt this from his Facebook status. That is all I can add to this thread.
Old 16th January 2009 , 04:06 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

I've just pre-ordered the update... they are saying shipping starts from the end of this month... needless to say I'll be reporting my first impressions as soon as it arrives.
Old 18th January 2009 , 01:44 AM
Rave Digga

anyone else see the price for the halion orchestra?its not too bad its less than 90 pounds for it too be activated for life .ithought it would be much more.

i was reading on other forums that the only real difference is its 16 bit instead of 24 bit on the standalone version but most who have tried it said they couldnt notice the difference really and was buzzing you got it thrown in on a seperate dvd in the cubase 5 boxes..its installed and it will run for 16 days before it needs full activation ..its worth trying that out too dave if you get it before me

http://www.dv247.com/invt/33878/ thats the 24 bit version

heres the 16bit version the price is at the bottom of the page--

https://shop.steinberg.net/cgi-bin/pp?lst=L101008

http://www.steinberg.net/en/products...a_product.html
waxxy is offline Offline
Last edited by waxxy; 18th January 2009 at 01:46 AM. . <
Old 18th January 2009 , 02:15 AM
Keeper o' the Keys!

I'll probably give Halion Orchestra a little go, but I already have EWQLSO Gold and GPO, so don't necessarily need another orchestral library.
Old 18th January 2009 , 01:37 PM
Rave Digga

its 90 days not 16 days activation i saw on another forum one guy stated it was 16 days only boy was he wrong lol ..if you click on the super conductor video it shows and explains what it can do it does sound nice ..and i think the price is a bargain heres the link dave ..http://www.steinberg.net/
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 18th January 2009 , 01:46 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

Yep... I saw the videos the second they were announced

I certainly will try out Halion Orchestra, but I currently own Halion 3 and have ended up being quite underwhelmed by it. What's exciting for me is that VST Expressions looks like it might progress to becoming an accepted (or "de facto") standard for handling articulations. It seems to also have the capability for me to create my own mappings so that I can probably use it with EWQLSO Gold, EWQL Goliath and NI Kontakt straight away once I map the VST Expression articulations to each of the libraries' keyswitch choices.
Old 18th January 2009 , 02:12 PM
Rave Digga

the thing thats got me excited are the new beat creation features and the pitch correction features ..it keeps saying in the video there based on the yamaha pitch fix but i think they should avoid using that as a advertising spin the yamaha one was terrible i tried it out a few times and hought it was one of the worst vsts ive ever used.the autotune ones blew it away the new one looks and sounds more like melodyne they should have used that to advertise the feature but i guess they cant because yamaha own steinberg.
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 18th January 2009 , 02:14 PM
Rave Digga

heres a better explination of the vario audio feature it looks brilliant -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U45Sa...eature=related
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 18th January 2009 , 11:07 PM
Son of 'Z'

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxxy View Post
the thing thats got me excited are the new beat creation features and the pitch correction features ..it keeps saying in the video there based on the yamaha pitch fix but i think they should avoid using that as a advertising spin the yamaha one was terrible i tried it out a few times and hought it was one of the worst vsts ive ever used.the autotune ones blew it away the new one looks and sounds more like melodyne they should have used that to advertise the feature but i guess they cant because yamaha own steinberg.
You know what, I was thinking this myself.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Steinberg & Yamaha had a deal with Celemony to license the outgoing Melo routines, but its being kept quiet to not upset the Melo users that have bought it. It'd be bad news for them if thats the case and the story came out. It would upset customers and break Melo's relatively neutral relationship to other daws.

It just looks like it works in too similar a fashion for it to be a coincidence. though. And if I were Melodyne and saw that without being paid for it, Steinberg would be in court faster then they could say VST....
EdRyan is offline Offline
Old 19th January 2009 , 06:29 PM
Rave Digga

IT would surprise me too seeing as melodyne are german too ..i bet they did some kind or research together and there both sharing the results..the new feature does look exactlly like melodynes now if they dont sue steinberg then theyve already come to an agrement behind closed doors and i can understand why melodyne users would be pissed off the price of there software is the same as buying cubase studio 5 and for that theyd also get vst instruments and a daw to record everything in.
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 21st January 2009 , 10:43 PM
Son of 'Z'

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxxy View Post
IT would surprise me too seeing as melodyne are german too ..i bet they did some kind or research together and there both sharing the results..the new feature does look exactlly like melodynes now if they dont sue steinberg then theyve already come to an agrement behind closed doors and i can understand why melodyne users would be pissed off the price of there software is the same as buying cubase studio 5 and for that theyd also get vst instruments and a daw to record everything in.
Lets not forget, it looks like the outgoing Melo. Not the new one that can do things like Chord restructuring and whatever else DNA can.

And for the people that have bought Melodyne, they are are offering the cheaper upgrades to the new version to anyone who registered after March last year. You can't really say much fairer about an upgrade then that. Anyone in the last 11 months is getting the better deal.
Old 21st January 2009 , 10:49 PM
Forum Idol

im getting melo editor free
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Old 21st January 2009 , 11:16 PM
Son of 'Z'

How come.

The only way I can see that happening on their upgrade path is if you have Melo Studio, but haven't yet registered the free plugin version.
Old 21st January 2009 , 11:22 PM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdRyan View Post
How come.

The only way I can see that happening on their upgrade path is if you have Melo Studio, but haven't yet registered the free plugin version.
because my names "sureno" il make them millionaires if i endorse this
no i got studio, registered the plugin after the date

Melodyne editor is free of charge for all copies of Melodyne plugin registered after 12th March 2008
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline