DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Computer Hardware
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Computer Hardware Audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, control surfaces, MIDI controllers & USB MIDI keyboards (not motherboards or system components)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 23rd July 2012 , 08:11 PM

Default Can I sell my Alesis Multimix 8 Firewire?

Hi guys,

A few years ago I bought an Alesis Multimix 8 Firewire. I never really learnt how to use it properly and this was partly because it simply wouldn't play nice with any the three or four computers I tried it on. I had endless problems with BSODs in Vista and 7 when trying to install drivers. So I forgot about it.

I did however use it simply to mix different inputs together and output to a USB audio device, which I then used to make recordings on my computer. Fast forward to now, and I want to sell it. It is apparently working on my current 64 bit Windows 8 PC, using the latest Windows 7 drivers, (it shows up in the Alesis Firewire control panel program) but I know very little about mixers, so my question is simple: Is there any way that I would have damaged it through playing around with it over the past few years, or am I safe to sell? Also, I've seen one on eBay for 160; is this an attainable sum?

I did plug in my guitar and tried to record using Audacity (which detects two channels only); it recorded, but very quietly.

Thank you for reading!

Adam
AdamJ is offline Offline
Old 23rd July 2012 , 08:17 PM
Mic Check 1!

Unlikely you've broken it just from playing around with it (unless you like to play rough

No idea what the going rate is I'm afraid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamJ View Post
Hi guys,

A few years ago I bought an Alesis Multimix 8 Firewire. I never really learnt how to use it properly and this was partly because it simply wouldn't play nice with any the three or four computers I tried it on. I had endless problems with BSODs in Vista and 7 when trying to install drivers. So I forgot about it.

I did however use it simply to mix different inputs together and output to a USB audio device, which I then used to make recordings on my computer. Fast forward to now, and I want to sell it. It is apparently working on my current 64 bit Windows 8 PC, using the latest Windows 7 drivers, (it shows up in the Alesis Firewire control panel program) but I know very little about mixers, so my question is simple: Is there any way that I would have damaged it through playing around with it over the past few years, or am I safe to sell? Also, I've seen one on eBay for 160; is this an attainable sum?

I did plug in my guitar and tried to record using Audacity (which detects two channels only); it recorded, but very quietly.

Thank you for reading!

Adam
Old 23rd July 2012 , 08:19 PM
Mic Check 1!

NB. Looks like you can pick them up new for less than 160. In general terms things tend to sell for approx a half to three quarters of new price (unless rare or special)
Old 23rd July 2012 , 09:38 PM

Ok, understood. Thanks!
AdamJ is offline Offline