DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Computer Hardware
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Computer Hardware Audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, control surfaces, MIDI controllers & USB MIDI keyboards (not motherboards or system components)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22nd May 2012 , 11:59 PM

Default Some Help With Audio

Hi

Apologies if this is in the wrong thread, please feel free to move to the correct section if need be.

Also this is my first post and I am a real begginner so please be gentle LOL

I have a couple of questions so please direct me in the right direction pleaseeeese thanks

Basically I have site which streams live audio from different places, all I do is set up a standard mic that connects to my laptop, which allows me to stream out. The quality on the stream doesnt bother me as long as it is clear and audible. I use wavepad to record the stream so I can also upload as a podcast however the quality is the same as the stream, is this down to the laptop sound card? would i have to purchase an external soundcard? if so what time of soundcard would you recommend for a laptop?

My next question is, sometimes at events the organisation will have their own pa system with mics and everything linked up, so all I do is take a laptop down and connect a ground loop isolator which sends audio to my laptop and allows me to stream.

Is there any other way I can send sound back to my laptop? Also what would be the best way to record so I can capture HQ recordings?

please advise, greatly appreciated

many thanks

Sawt
sawt is offline Offline
Old 24th May 2012 , 05:54 PM
Mic Check 1!

I'd like to help but I'm not sure I understand your question or what you are trying to do. Do you just want advice on a 2 in 2 out converter?
Old 24th May 2012 , 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevCircleStudios View Post
I'd like to help but I'm not sure I understand your question or what you are trying to do. Do you just want advice on a 2 in 2 out converter?
Glad you jumped in Trev because I too am at a bit of a loss as to his needs!

I am however also a bit concerned as to whether the OP has RIGHTS and permissions to the material he wants to capture and "re-broadcast"?

Dave.
ecc83 is offline Offline