DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Computer Hardware
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Computer Hardware Audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, control surfaces, MIDI controllers & USB MIDI keyboards (not motherboards or system components)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 29th April 2012 , 04:02 PM
Round The Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piano View Post
However, i then clicked user accounts and the only account there is mine and it says i am the administrator.
Very quick response: I seem to remember having a similar problem when the Windows user account was set as administrator but the account did not have a login password. Do you have a login password set? If not, it is probably worth setting one, log in with the password and see what happens.
saxman is offline Offline
Old 29th April 2012 , 06:02 PM

Sorry, I don't know how to determine the rev level of a N12.

It certainly appears to be complex and I would think the best course is for you to speak with Yamaha Support. Hopefully your earlier email will initiate that discussion.
Old 29th April 2012 , 07:07 PM

When I get a message that something can only be done by an administrator, and I am the admistrator, I simply click OK and it carries on
Have you tried that?
whis4ey is offline Offline
Old 29th April 2012 , 09:31 PM
Uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by whis4ey View Post
When I get a message that something can only be done by an administrator, and I am the admistrator, I simply click OK and it carries on
Have you tried that?
Yep, tried that mate. The weird thing is i AM the administrator. Bear in mind though that i did have to reinstall windows so maybe something is wrong somewhere. All i know is when i downloaded a file and tried to save it to the c drive, it said i needed permission from administrator.

I spent another whole day today on this. It's getting ridiculous.
Piano is offline Offline
Old 30th April 2012 , 08:30 AM

Try saving to your other drive, then cut and paste where you want it to go. I have done that in the past and it worked
I recall downloading a plug-in which would normally be saved in my 'download' folder, and I tried to save it to my 'plug-ins' folder, but was told I needed permission from the administrator. So I saved in the download, cut and pasted and it worked fine
Just a thought which might just save you your sanity
whis4ey is offline Offline
Old 30th April 2012 , 09:32 PM
Uber Member

I managed to get it sorted. I hadn't done the firmware update on the N12 properly. That's what i get for skimming the pdf instructions instead of reading them properly.

MLAN, is indeed not used anymore. It's the YSFW driver only now.

Just glad I'm up and running again.

New system drive and updates installed.

Back to making music.
Piano is offline Offline
Old 1st May 2012 , 06:49 AM

Glad to hear it's sorted
Old 1st May 2012 , 10:10 AM

I've been following this thread just to see how the situation was resolved and it's good to hear your back up and running. I have to admit though I struggled to resist the urge to post my usual comment in situations such as this... 'have you read the manuals?'.

I cant stress this enough though always, always, always read the manuals no matter how dull or time consuming it may appear to be. An hour or two reading manuals can save, as you have found in this case, days of frustration. Even when you don’t think you are reading anything important, on first read, more often than not there will be something in there, a reference, that you'll remember if a problem crops up.

------
weaver is offline Offline
Old 1st May 2012 , 12:56 PM
Uber Member

Yeah, it was my own stupidity mate. I spent days cursing and stressing over what ended up a very simple fix.

I was even getting frustrated with yamaha customer support.

They eventually told me to start the updates from scratch and follow the instructions exactly. It was then that i noticed that you have to put the n12 into update mode before uploading the firmware update. That was the step i had missed before. After doing that, all worked perfect.

Lesson learned!
Piano is offline Offline
Old 4th May 2012 , 02:50 PM

deleted post
inderface is offline Offline
Old 16th May 2012 , 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Piano View Post
Yeah, it was my own stupidity mate. I spent days cursing and stressing over what ended up a very simple fix...

...Lesson learned!

(Sometimes that initial frustration makes you start going through stuff as quickly as possible (a bit too quickly) so that the next fix doesn't work, you can move on to the next fix-method asap and waste less time...)

I'd be genuinely surprised if we haven't all been there at some point . Glad you're sorted out.
Old 17th July 2012 , 12:42 AM

Default Driver not installed properly

Does anyone here get any solution to this problem? I installed the n12 driver and after install it says, THE mLAN BUS Driver has not been installed properly. If the new hardware Wizard has not been run, use it to install the hardware, then execute mLAN Start. I tried input the new hardware but it's not working. Need help
Saint is offline Offline
Last edited by Saint; 17th July 2012 at 12:49 AM. . <
Old 17th July 2012 , 10:47 AM
Round The Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Does anyone here get any solution to this problem? I installed the n12 driver and after install it says, THE mLAN BUS Driver has not been installed properly. If the new hardware Wizard has not been run, use it to install the hardware, then execute mLAN Start. I tried input the new hardware but it's not working. Need help
The problem was solved in this thread:
Does anyone use MLan?
saxman is offline Offline
Old 18th July 2012 , 08:48 PM
Uber Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Make sure you have read the installation instructions properly mate, that was the mistake i made.

Mlan is not used anymore for the N12. It's the Yamaha Steinberg Firewire Driver. Download that from the Yamaha website, as well as updating your firmware. Remember to read the firmware updates thoroughly as well because you have to put your N12 into update mode, the instructions tell you how to do that, so I can't stress enough that you need to read them.

Download these updates that Yamaha sent me in an e mail when i had the same problem. Let me know how you get on.

IEEE1394 Firmware update.

http://download.yamaha.com/search/de...=uk.yamaha.com

N12 Firmware update (Please ensure that the desk is set to update mode before

installation - See PDF)

YSFW Driver Tools

I hope this helps and thank you for contacting Yamaha Music Europe GmbH (UK).

Kind Regards
Piano is offline Offline
Old 21st July 2012 , 05:54 AM

[QUOTE=Piano;58865]Yep, tried that mate. The weird thing is i AM the administrator. Bear in mind though that i did have to reinstall windows so maybe something is wrong somewhere. All i know is when i downloaded a file and tried to save it to the c drive, it said i needed permission from administrator.

I spent another whole day today on this. It's getting ridiculous.[/QUOTE
Now the n12 mixer and the computer is connect by using the YSFW but not the mLAN but the new problem here is some of the template is disappear such as Multi channel Recording.

Please help
Saint is offline Offline