DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Computer Hardware
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Computer Hardware Audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, control surfaces, MIDI controllers & USB MIDI keyboards (not motherboards or system components)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th October 2011 , 02:56 PM

Afraid not - still in contact with M-Audio though. Nothing has worked so far - even had a computer technician 'round. Think I'll have to buy one of the Texas Instruments cards that they recommend. If that doesn't work, I suppose I can sell it on.
edmedmoped is offline Offline
Old 5th October 2011 , 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by edmedmoped View Post
I couldn't use that option because it needs a .inf file rather than the driver .exe file.
Ah just reminded me how i got my m-audio ozonic working in the end on a different system to my DAW that the exe didnt fix ....

Ok
With the projectmix plugged in...

Install the driver exe you downloaded from m audio.......when you have done this then....
Go through the manual installation and get to the point where it asks you to point to the .inf file
Have disk etc....
Point it to the path......C:\Program Files\M-Audio\FireWire
(where C is you main windows partition)
Inside this folder you have 3 folders being.....
FWDeviceEnabler
Null
and Streaming
(It uses the same driver as the ozonic im led to believe)
Inside each of these folders is an .inf file
Now im sure it uses the one in FWDeviceEnabler but cant be absoulutly sure so try that one first and the others after.
You may get a (this location does not contain the driver for your blah blah blah error)
If it does that on the .inf file in all the 3 folders then i cant help you...
But im sure thats how i got it working....

And as i remember it took a few hours to discover this so if it works you owe me a cyber pint....lol.....It also made me decide never to buy m-audio stuff again.......
Come on m-audio sort it out you sschhllaagggsss.....lol......

I hope that works for you....;0)
inderface is offline Offline
Old 5th October 2011 , 05:36 PM

I found those files perfectly, but it won't install!
There isn't a device to select, so there's nothing for the computer to install the .inf files to. I think it must be a problem with the card/cable/device if it's not being detected here.

Thanks for your help!
edmedmoped is offline Offline
Old 4th November 2014 , 10:24 AM

This helped me BIG TIME!!! I was on my way for a new firewire card... thanks a ton'e

[QUOTE=weaver;55541]I just found some more info that might be useful.

[B]Changing to the Legacy IEEE-1394 (Firewire) Driver in Windows 7[/B]

In Windows 7, Microsoft changed the architecture of the IEEE-1394 (Firewire) controller driver. This new architecture does not work well with all firewire chipsets. If your firewire device is not being recognized or the connection to your firewire device is repeatedly being dropped, try changing to the Legacy IEEE1394 (Firewire) driver.

1- Click the Start Button, type [B]devmgmt.msc [/B]in the “Start Search” box and press Enter.
2- Expand the "IEEE 1394 Bus Host Controllers" node in the device tree on the right hand pane.
3- Right click the host controller node select "Update driver software ..."
4- Select "Browse my computer for driver software".
5- Select "let me pick from a list of device driver on my computer ..." and Check the box before “Show compatible hardware”.
6- Choose the second option---1394 OHCI Compliant Host Controller (Legacy), and click next to update the driver.

Get the installer to look for you instead of selecting have disk use the search for me option.

------[/QUOTE]
jose_ugs is offline Offline