DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Computer Hardware
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Computer Hardware Audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, control surfaces, MIDI controllers & USB MIDI keyboards (not motherboards or system components)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th May 2011 , 09:06 PM

Default MacBook Pro dosent detect Saffire

Hi guys im having a problem with this focusrite saffire pro 24 dsp that i just bought. I have a MBP OS X 10.6.6 and the saffire pro 24 dsp the problem is that i installed the software and i followed every step that comes in the guied "Mac OS
BEFORE YOU CONNECT THE Saffire PRO 24 DSP TO YOUR COMPUTER, PLEASE RUN THE INSTALLER
Insert your installer disk into your computer’s CD-ROM drive.
You should see a window pop up showing the following installer icons: ‘Install Saffire MixControl.pkg’
Double click on the installer icon to begin the installation process. Follow on screen instructions to complete the installation process.
Restart your computer. Connect the Saffire PRO 24 DSP to your computer.
Once the installation has been completed, your Computer OS should automatically switch its default audio outputs to be the Saffire PRO 24 DSP. To make sure this is the case:
Go to System Preferences > Sound > Set the input and output to ‘Saffire’. For more detailed setup options on a Mac, go to Applications > Utilities > Audio Midi Set-up."
But when i go to system pref-sound theres no saffire option and the music still comes out threw internal output and i installed even the updats and everything plz can someone help me.
ninfo is offline Offline
Old 10th May 2011 , 01:56 PM

Hi there,

Could you make sure that you're using the most recent version of Saffire MixControl (v2.2) from the following page:
[url]http://www.focusrite.com/downloads/saffire_pro_24_dsp[/url]

If you're still having difficulties, I'd advise you to make contact with us directly using the contact form on our answerbase and we will be able to take you through the necessary troubleshooting to get your issue resolved.

Contact form:
[url]http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/contact.php[/url]

Joe
Focusrite Tech Support
JoeFocusrite is offline Offline
Old 10th May 2011 , 05:30 PM

[QUOTE=JoeFocusrite;54294]Hi there,

Could you make sure that you're using the most recent version of Saffire MixControl (v2.2) from the following page:
[url]http://www.focusrite.com/downloads/saffire_pro_24_dsp[/url]

If you're still having difficulties, I'd advise you to make contact with us directly using the contact form on our answerbase and we will be able to take you through the necessary troubleshooting to get your issue resolved.

Contact form:
[url]http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/contact.php[/url]

Joe
Focusrite Tech Support[/QUOTE]
thanks joe all i needed to do was update my mac from 10.6.6 to 10.6.7 now the mbp is letting me press the saffire option in the out put and inputs but theres one more problem even tought i selected my saffire as my out put and inputs when i plug my monitores nothing comes out of them i turned the volume up in the mac and in the saffire and i pluged them in threw the 1 and 2 line uotputs with a trs plug but still nothing (my monitors are the m audio bx8a they have trs input) and i tried plugging it in the other line outputs but nothing happens what could be the prob? thx alot for your help
ninfo is offline Offline
Last edited by ninfo; 10th May 2011 at 05:46 PM. . Reason: it was trs not ts <
Old 11th May 2011 , 01:59 AM

better explained I have my saffire pro 24 DSP installed with mixcontrol 2.2 in my MAcBookPro 10.6.7. The outputs and inputs of my mbp are the saffire which are already selected, the leds of power, FW, LKD are turned on in my saffire, the clock source is configured to internal. I have the m audio bx8a and they are pluged in threw a trs plug into the 1 and 2 lineout of my saffire. The volume of my mac is full and the volumen of the saffire and the monitors are up too and still nothing is coming out, what should i do? thank you for the help
ninfo is offline Offline
Old 11th May 2011 , 08:58 AM

Can you see the audio metering in Saffire MixControl?

It's probably best to drop us an e-mail using the contact form on our answerbase and we will be able to offer more in depth troubleshooting to resolve your issue.

Joe
Focusrite Tech Support
JoeFocusrite is offline Offline
Old 13th May 2011 , 09:49 AM
Administrator

@Joe, thanks for jumping in on this and helping the OP out - Good work fella