DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Computer Hardware
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Computer Hardware Audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, control surfaces, MIDI controllers & USB MIDI keyboards (not motherboards or system components)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 28th February 2010 , 03:15 PM

Default Launchpad Freezing up... how to delete library preferences?

hello,

I had my launchpad connected to my macbook pro. and it fell (not a very long way!) And my macbook came up with this error that the usb device was using up to much power and would be disabled. Well, now the launchpad is broken... the buttons start dancing and it does not register... and I am sending it in to get it fixed. But I have connected another launchpad and it is having problems. It freezes up after a while. A friend said it might be because of the system preferences on the macbook. Does anyone know where I can delete the preferences in the Library for Launchpad? I cant find them... I was worried that my usb hub might have been affected, but my other usb devices work fine with it.. e.g. my midi keyboard. But the other Launchpad works okay on another Mac... so I suppose the problem must be on my computer...

???

thank you
nasa701 is offline Offline
Old 28th February 2010 , 05:48 PM
Round The Horn

http://www.brighthub.com/computing/m...cles/3396.aspx

Quote:
Preferences files end in .plist. To delete these files, follow these steps:

1. Open the Finder and select your user name.

2. Open the Library folder and then the Preferences folder.

3. Work through the list, deleting files associated with programs you have previously deleted or for an application that is acting odd.

4. To delete the file, Control+click it and choose Delete.
saxman is offline Offline
Old 28th February 2010 , 08:35 PM

thank you for that. searching for a plist file with any words that have to do with the launchpad... novation... nothing shows up on the entire drive... seems like I am looking for the wrong thing...
nasa701 is offline Offline