DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Computer Hardware
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Computer Hardware Audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, control surfaces, MIDI controllers & USB MIDI keyboards (not motherboards or system components)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25th July 2008 , 10:50 AM

Default Presonus Faderport

I bought a new Faderport from Digital Village 18 months ago and it worked great with ProTools. About 4 weeks ago the motorised fader stopped working, neither could you use it manually to do automation. After many phone calls, DV247 were very helpful and pointed me to HHB in London who are the European distributors for Presonus. They asked me to send the unit to them. Today I received an email from HHB saying that the 2 year warranty on the product only applies in the USA and its only 1 year in Europe; they then said that the cost of repair would be more than a new Faderport and advised me to buy another one - I don't think so, a product costing nearly 160 with a shelf life of 18 months; I'm just off to purchase the Frontier Alpha!!!
leviset is offline Offline
Old 13th December 2008 , 04:11 PM
Uber Member

Was going to start a new thread but found this one. Its a shame Leviset only made this one post, have a few questions about mine. Works fine. Almost forgot I had it as I could never set it up, then lost the installation disc and took a week to remember that I should try the website for the native drivers and lo and behold-Last night I got it going.
Its my first controller so the novelty of having the transport panel and faders on the mixer in hardware is...well...dandy.
I just can't use the thing properly. Dang. I can only control the volume automation, no matter what I write enable (Cubase 4) and its all set up right (I checked both manuals twice). Anyone else got one of these that could throw a few tips my way? The presonus forums are...lacking and besides-I like you guys, you know your s*&t.
Old 13th December 2008 , 04:13 PM
Forum Idol

frontier alpha is the nuts, i no longer have up but when i did, excellent
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Old 13th December 2008 , 04:17 PM
Uber Member

It was a tough call beterr the frontier alpha and the faderport, but I found a b stock faderport....job done. Plus I don't like the look of the Alpha, stupid to judge it on that but when its just pictures on a screen and the standard sales schpeil there isn't much else to be done. Wish I lived near a DV (hell to be honest I'd take any music shop) but unless I want shoes, clothes or a mobile phone t'is t'interweb for moi.
Old 15th December 2008 , 02:46 PM

I went with the AlphaTrack simply because it had a display and I saw a lot of people on the web recommending it.

But I think it depends a lot on which DAW you're using. In DP, it is quite restricted to simple mixing functions. In Logic, it can edit just about anything.
tyronehowe is offline Offline