DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Computer Hardware
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Computer Hardware Audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, control surfaces, MIDI controllers & USB MIDI keyboards (not motherboards or system components)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27th May 2009 , 09:41 AM

Default problem with interface, should i get a new one?

hello everyone,

i am currently using a terratec phase 26 usb audio interface, which as of late has been having some problems. I always used to run the interface without asio on (if im honest im not too sure what asio is!) but lately, whenever i try to record anything, all you hear is a constant and loud crackling, and the guitar track i have recorded is extremely distorted. Yesterday i tried to reinstall the drivers and i started the interface in asio mode, this was fine when using reason 4 as i could hear the playback perfectly. However my pc didnt appear to recognise the card and neither did adobe audition, so i could not record in any tracks or hear playback from windows media player etc....then when i turned asio off the pc recognised the card again.

I'd imagine it'd be the case that all my soundcard inputs are fried? so i should maybe buy a new audio interface. I currently have my guitar running into a line 6 pod 2.0 so i would need an interface that allows me to record instruments to a high quality, and also with very low latency as i hope to have an electronic drumkit as a midi controller that controls BFD etc through cubase. Would anyone recommend an interface between 100-300? i was looking at fast track pro or presonus firebox, are they ok?

many thanks in advance for your help!
roulettebeats is offline Offline
Old 27th May 2009 , 10:08 AM
Mic Check 1!

Er... you know it's not possible to record audio from an external source in Reason 4... right?
Old 27th May 2009 , 10:24 AM

yes sorry mate, should have said...i was recording into adobe audition, which used to be ok..but now when i am recording i cant get a decent signal at all..i am getting cubase soon, so i need an interface that i can plug my line 6 pod 2.0 into so that i can record my guitar.. and also for recording midi drums.
roulettebeats is offline Offline
Old 2nd June 2009 , 08:01 AM

Which version of Cubase are you going for?

I ask'cos' the Emu 0404usb 2.0 is still my favourite modestly priced AI and it comes bundled with Cubase LE and that should keep you out of mischief for a time and probably has a money saving upgrade to better things.

Dave.
ecc83 is offline Offline