DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Computer Hardware
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Computer Hardware Audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, control surfaces, MIDI controllers & USB MIDI keyboards (not motherboards or system components)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th March 2009 , 01:39 PM
Forum Idol

Question MPD32 & MPK49 question

can these run peacefully along side each other feeding off logics clock?
i have the MPK49 and been thinking about an MPC but can do with out all the hassle of using the software so thought what better than the MPD32 as a dedicated pad, the MPK49 is cool for a quick blat on the pads but MPD32 looks a lot more dedicated and has more pads
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Old 6th April 2009 , 01:34 AM
Rave Digga

if you already have the mpk why buy the mpd?the mpk has the same pads does the samething you wont get any benifit out of using the mpd id save your money and buy something else youll just be wasting money on a thing which youve already got..
waxxy is offline Offline
Old 6th April 2009 , 06:11 AM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by waxxy View Post
if you already have the mpk why buy the mpd?the mpk has the same pads does the samething you wont get any benifit out of using the mpd id save your money and buy something else youll just be wasting money on a thing which youve already got..
the pads are tiny on the mpk and less in number, they also are not the same in sensitivity or feel iv noticed
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Old 8th April 2009 , 07:58 PM
Rave Digga

sorry mate i thought they were the same size ive not checked one out up close but i saw one in my local ******* and they looked the same..if you wanna save yourself some money get the mpd24 it does all the same stuff the mpd32 does except it doesnt have the quantize feature but if like me you do all your quantizing in your daw you dont need this feature.now ive used both the 24 and 32 and they both feel the same in usage the knobs/faders act the same only difference is the size/colour/quantize ..the mpd32 wouldnt fit on my desk so ive got the 24 its slightly smaller but still packs a punch best drum trigger around ..i tried the korg and m-audio ones they felt like toys very plasticy but the akais are metal and rock solid and heavy you can tell itll last a long time .
waxxy is offline Offline