DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Computer Hardware
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Computer Hardware Audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, control surfaces, MIDI controllers & USB MIDI keyboards (not motherboards or system components)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:32 PM
Hell-Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureno View Post
look like lian li
See i used to love their cases but the antec and silverstones are much better, still its much better than the case i had when i bought my DV pc. See i would have thought that if DV were gonna relaunch theyd have waited for the i7 but maybe just maybe thats what they have up their sleeve. Where did this info come frome btw and where are the pics ?
JAYDMF is offline Offline
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:36 PM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYDMF View Post
See i used to love their cases but the antec and silverstones are much better, still its much better than the case i had when i bought my DV pc. See i would have thought that if DV were gonna relaunch theyd have waited for the i7 but maybe just maybe thats what they have up their sleeve. Where did this info come frome btw and where are the pics ?
yes my last PC case was silverstone, real lush see the pics here in my post or here on DV's site
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:43 PM
Hell-Rider

Ahh yeah the Ac10, direct rip of the 180. nice case tho, at least lian li finally picked up on the idea of putting the PSU in the bottom of the case and sectioning it off. should complement a good build nicely
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:46 PM
Forum Idol

so its definitely lian li then jay?
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:50 PM
Hell-Rider

Quote:
so its definitely lian li then jay?

Yeah its the AC10 case by the looks (the tower system anyways) and im assuming the rack case is the same (edit: by the looks the PC32c).

Clicky

Clicky for rack
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:52 PM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Yeah its the AC10 case by the looks (the tower system anyways) and im assuming the rack case is the same.

Clicky
cool, they are very nice cases mind
Old 10th October 2008 , 05:21 PM
Furry Filter Phreak

Quote:
So the true question here is then, Vista or XP ? as for the case issue im assuming thats a huge order of Antec 182 and 190s and some silverstone goodness to boot
These days you are probably better off with Vista than XP.

Most problems (and consequently bad rep) was with Vista RTM, things seem alot better on Vista 32 + SP1. The only reason I havnt moved my main DAW over to Vista 32 is down to the amount of down time I need to re-install everything.

For Vista 64 device drivers (or ratehr lack of) can still still problem.

I'm currently using an Antec P180B case - great case - very quiet especially with all the rubber damping for hard drives etc, even with loads of fans its been whisper quiet - actually its so quiet I couldnt tell that the poor thing was going into melt down due to dust build up in the heat sinks until Live was reporting near 100% just to run a basic rhythm pattern

The P182 is basically the same - but does add a couple of holes and grommets to get water pipes in and out for an external water cooling combo reservoir+cooler etc - for eg one of those Zalman things etc.
Khazul is offline Offline
Last edited by Khazul; 10th October 2008 at 05:28 PM. . <
Old 10th October 2008 , 05:29 PM
Hell-Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul View Post
These days you are probably better off with Vista than XP.

Most problems (and consequently bad rep) was with Vista RTM, things seem alot better on Vista 32 + SP1. The only reason I havnt moved my main DAW over to Vista 32 is down to the amount of down time I need to re-install everything.

For Vista 64 device drivers (or ratehr lack of) can still still problem.
Ahh see i still beg to differ on that one, i think xp still has it, sp1 does do vista good but if you use that machine on the net it does have spaz outs sometimes when downloading updates leading to a restore as check disks and start up repairs dont solve the problem. sticking with 32 bit id say xp still owns as it uses less memory and resources, 64 is the only platform on which vista has any use IMO
Old 10th October 2008 , 05:36 PM
Forum Idol

Quote:
Ahh see i still beg to differ on that one, i think xp still has it, sp1 does do vista good but if you use that machine on the net it does have spaz outs sometimes when downloading updates leading to a restore as check disks and start up repairs dont solve the problem. sticking with 32 bit id say xp still owns as it uses less memory and resources, 64 is the only platform on which vista has any use IMO
i was going to ask are these advised to be put on the net and if so what kind of firewall/spyware will it come with, never thought a PC D.A.W should go on line
Old 10th October 2008 , 05:37 PM
Hell-Rider

Quote:
i was going to ask are these advised to be put on the net and if so what kind of firewall/spyware will it come with, never thought a PC D.A.W should go on line
I dont put mine on and havent for years. you wanna keep it clean and fast as possible then stay away from t'interweb
Old 10th October 2008 , 05:44 PM
Forum Idol

Quote:
I dont put mine on and havent for years. you wanna keep it clean and fast as possible then stay away from t'interweb
thats exactly what i did
Old 10th October 2008 , 05:52 PM
Furry Filter Phreak

When you have spent ages hunting millions of "USB Audio" devices looking for the right midi port for something on XP - then beleive me - Vista has it charms

I do agree that a non-configured Vista 32 is more intrusive the a non-configured XP and both can be equally troublesome in that state for multi-channel low latency audio, but in general I dont find one worse that the other for performance/reliability etc with stable drivers etc - and the latter can still sometimes be a problem even on 32 bit.

I do wish that MS would ship a bunch of usage profiles with their OS as well - ie a config menu with various options for things like "general business machine/internet machine", "gaming focussed machine", "lean and mean video production focussed", "lean and mean audio production focussed" etc and do all the basic non-essential service killing and/or tell users what they should do etc.
Khazul is offline Offline
Old 10th October 2008 , 06:51 PM
Hell-Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul View Post
When you have spent ages hunting millions of "USB Audio" devices looking for the right midi port for something on XP - then beleive me - Vista has it charms

I do agree that a non-configured Vista 32 is more intrusive the a non-configured XP and both can be equally troublesome in that state for multi-channel low latency audio, but in general I dont find one worse that the other for performance/reliability etc with stable drivers etc - and the latter can still sometimes be a problem even on 32 bit.

I do wish that MS would ship a bunch of usage profiles with their OS as well - ie a config menu with various options for things like "general business machine/internet machine", "gaming focussed machine", "lean and mean video production focussed", "lean and mean audio production focussed" etc and do all the basic non-essential service killing and/or tell users what they should do etc.
Couldnt agree with you more on the whole profiles thing, i personally would like to see MS release an OS just for video/audio/ media stuff but as was discussed before its not gonna happen. Still we can but dream, lets just hope they get it right when the new OS and Chips are released as theres certainly a lot of potential with the new tech due to arrive soon. Multithread hooooooooo..........
Old 11th October 2008 , 05:55 PM
Forum Scribe

Quote:
I would prefer to not have to put my system online but I think if a service pack becomes available there can be perfomance enhancements that make it worthwhile to get back online to update the OS but even then, one can go back to not accessing the Internet after that I guess.

Also if a system is working just fine, then I suppose there is no need to go online in the first place to get an OS update. Updating may even introduce problems

Some drivers do require an OS update though. One of my Echo driver updates had a Vista SP1 requirement for instance.
Monarch is offline Offline
Old 11th October 2008 , 06:12 PM
Hell-Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarch View Post
I would prefer to not have to put my system online but I think if a service pack becomes available there can be perfomance enhancements that make it worthwhile to get back online to update the OS but even then, one can go back to not accessing the Internet after that I guess.

Also if a system is working just fine, then I suppose there is no need to go online in the first place to get an OS update. Updating may even introduce problems

Some drivers do require an OS update though. One of my Echo driver updates had a Vista SP1 requirement for instance.

Yeah if at all possible i still find it better to download from another machine, scan for bugs and spyware etc and then pass it over to the audio machine. Drivers and service packs are easy to get a hold of and something like AVG will scan them thoroughly enough as long as it has the latest definitions