DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Computer Hardware
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Computer Hardware Audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, control surfaces, MIDI controllers & USB MIDI keyboards (not motherboards or system components)

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #16 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 11:03 AM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscully View Post
The proof on these really happens when you turn them on.

We've aimed to create a truely silent and powerful machine. We wanted something that could handle the 28 hour recording session but not be an annoyance in the background.

It has to be seen to be believed though. Synergy Audio Systems will be in a DV store near you either now or very, very soon.
how detailed will the specs be listed?
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #17 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 11:07 AM
Synergy Engineer
 
bscully's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureno View Post
how detailed will the specs be listed?
the spec lists are very detailed. nothing has been left out.

if you enter your email address at dv247.com/synergy you will get information about everything as soon as it is released.
bscully is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #18 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 11:10 AM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscully View Post
the spec lists are very detailed. nothing has been left out.

if you enter your email address at dv247.com/synergy you will get information about everything as soon as it is released.
Done, looking forward to seeing these
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #19 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 12:31 PM
Forum Scribe
 
Monarch's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: UK
Posts: 1,446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscully View Post
the spec lists are very detailed. nothing has been left out.

if you enter your email address at dv247.com/synergy you will get information about everything as soon as it is released.
Excellent thanks for that. I left my details for additional info. Looking forward to seeing the specs.
Monarch is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #20 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 01:50 PM
Furry Filter Phreak
 
Khazul's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 1,130
Default

Looking forward to these then - I'm about at the point where new PC is getting higher on the gear needs list...

Ideally something dust/fluff resistent and/or easy to clean
Khazul is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #21 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 03:59 PM
Synergy Engineer
 
bscully's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul View Post
Looking forward to these then - I'm about at the point where new PC is getting higher on the gear needs list...

Ideally something dust/fluff resistent and/or easy to clean
Brushed Aluminium, so quick and easy to clean, although you can never keep all the fluff out.

We're going to be offering some great deals with Synergy Audio Systems. There will be some huge savings out there when the Synergy is bought with something else be it software or hardware.
bscully is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #22 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:05 PM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

is OS pre installed and tweaked and is the software pre installed too
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #23 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:11 PM
Furry Filter Phreak
 
Khazul's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Reading, UK
Posts: 1,130
Default

Sounds nice - def looking formward to seeing what you have

What I meant was clearing the internal heat sinks and fans of dust and fluff they tend to collect - my current PC has goes into melt down after about 6 months if I dont take it apart, remove and clean the CPU heat sink etc, as by which time it has more in common with the inside of a hoover than a computer.

So I was vaguely thinking of trying out water cooling this time around so I would only hve the one externally accesable heatsink to sort out - well that was the theory anyway - never that simple in practice of course
Khazul is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #24 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:12 PM
Synergy Engineer
 
bscully's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureno View Post
is OS pre installed and tweaked and is the software pre installed too
OS is preinstalled and tweaked of course. We've put in a few handy bits and peices so you are pretty much ready to go as soon as you switch on the machine. We will also offer a full set up service, so anything you buy with Synergy will be on there straight from the first boot too.

Our bundle will be pre-installed on the machines. We want you to start making noise as quickly as possible!
bscully is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #25 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:16 PM
Synergy Engineer
 
bscully's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khazul View Post
Sounds nice - def looking formward to seeing what you have

What I meant was clearing the internal heat sinks and fans of dust and fluff they tend to collect - my current PC has goes into melt down after about 6 months if I dont take it apart, remove and clean the CPU heat sink etc, as by which time it has more in common with the inside of a hoover than a computer.

So I was vaguely thinking of trying out water cooling this time around so I would only hve the one externally accesable heatsink to sort out - well that was the theory anyway - never that simple in practice of course
We've got some interesting options that you will have to wait and see about. Water cooling isn't one of them though...

Our cases are pretty air tight and one of them is seperated into several different chambers, so you only have the essential airflow going through without bringing your whole carpet with it. Like i said however you can never rule it out intirely
bscully is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #26 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:16 PM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscully View Post
OS is preinstalled and tweaked of course. We've put in a few handy bits and peices so you are pretty much ready to go as soon as you switch on the machine. We will also offer a full set up service, so anything you buy with Synergy will be on there straight from the first boot too.

Our bundle will be pre-installed on the machines. We want you to start making noise as quickly as possible!
what about support, i think this would be excellent if you can offer this, you may already do im just actually quite intrigued, are you allowed to say how many versions you will offer, i see 2, will it be based on OS, physical spec or bundles etc or even customizable?
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #27 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:18 PM
Synergy Engineer
 
bscully's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 109
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureno View Post
what about support, i think this would be excellent if you can offer this, you may already do im just actually quite intrigued, are you allowed to say how many versions you will offer, i see 2, will it be based on OS, physical spec or bundles etc?
I'm not sure how much i can reveal at this stage.

Yes, there will be telephone and email support and warrenty.

You're really going to have to wait to see what our packages will be.

You've signed up so you will be among the first to know.
bscully is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #28 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:20 PM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscully View Post
I'm not sure how much i can reveal at this stage.

Yes, there will be telephone and email support and warrenty.

You're really going to have to wait to see what our packages will be.

You've signed up so you will be among the first to know.
cool, the support is an excellent feature (as long as you don't out source the tech support call centre) one i could of sorely done with when i built my PC
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #29 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:23 PM
Hell-Rider
 
JAYDMF's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Gloucester
Posts: 940
Default

So the true question here is then, Vista or XP ? as for the case issue im assuming thats a huge order of Antec 182 and 190s and some silverstone goodness to boot
JAYDMF is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
  #30 (permalink)  
Old 10th October 2008 , 04:24 PM
Forum Idol
 
sureno's Avatar
          
           
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: west london depot
Posts: 7,873
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAYDMF View Post
So the true question here is then, Vista or XP ? as for the case issue im assuming thats a huge order or Antec 182 and 190s and some silverstone goodness to boot
look like lian li
______________________________
Im a Mac and Windows 7 was not my idea
WWW.SURENO.CO.UK
www.myspace.com/djsureno
http://twitter.com/djsureno
sureno is offline Offline
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Spectrasonics Omnisphere - The Ultimate Review! mrfracas Music Software 34 13th November 2008 06:27 PM
The ultimate housing for your DAW JAYDMF Off Topic 10 10th November 2008 05:56 PM
Your Own/Ultimate Guitar Rigs Churst Guitar Heaven 11 13th September 2008 11:31 PM
The Ultimate Controller? modz1 Computer Hardware 6 6th July 2008 02:01 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:12 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.3.0
1999-2017 DV247 Ltd. All rights reserved.