DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers Lowest Price Guaranteed, Free Delivery, Free 3 Year Warranty
Go Back   DV247 Forums - A Global Community for Music Makers > Music Equipment Discussion > Computer Hardware
Forgot Password? Join Us!
Home Register Groups FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Go to DV247.com
New to Forums or just joined? Why not start your journey here?

Computer Hardware Audio interfaces, MIDI interfaces, control surfaces, MIDI controllers & USB MIDI keyboards (not motherboards or system components)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 8th March 2010 , 09:38 AM
Hell-Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by bscully View Post
Thanks for your missguided message. Synergy only use gigabyte motherboards throughout their range, however we don't use the basic level UD3 series on our top end systems.

Really glad that you got your budget computer there, and it would be great to put that up against a Synergy system too. Feel free to post your DPC ratings and and D.A.W bech results you have. It would be great to build up a bulk of this information on the DV site for people who are looking to do a self build. I would be happy to put our results up too.

Beyond what the clock speed of the CPU is and the terrabytes of data storage goes years of experience in computer building and music production. Having technical support engineers on the end of the phone who know about music production and what can go wrong with a system too.

Synergy is a choice for people who've gone down the self build/dell route and now need something reliable with a team of people to fall back on.

Enjoy your computer

Just out of interest can you post these up anyway please for systems running 7 and i7s and if youve used them i3/dualcore i5s??
JAYDMF is offline Offline
Old 8th March 2010 , 11:38 AM
Keeper o' the Keys!

Ben, if you could specify exactly which benchmark software and which results you'd like to collate, I'd happily run them on my self-built DAW (Asus P7P55D, Core i7 860, 8Gb ram, 2Tb SATA RAID0, Win7 64bit, Cubase 5) and post the results.
Old 9th March 2010 , 11:02 PM

Quote:
Thanks for your missguided message. Synergy only use gigabyte motherboards throughout their range, however we don't use the basic level UD3 series on our top end systems.

Really glad that you got your budget computer there, and it would be great to put that up against a Synergy system too. Feel free to post your DPC ratings and and D.A.W bech results you have. It would be great to build up a bulk of this information on the DV site for people who are looking to do a self build. I would be happy to put our results up too.

Beyond what the clock speed of the CPU is and the terrabytes of data storage goes years of experience in computer building and music production. Having technical support engineers on the end of the phone who know about music production and what can go wrong with a system too.

Synergy is a choice for people who've gone down the self build/dell route and now need something reliable with a team of people to fall back on.

Enjoy your computer

You made me laugh, really. I was testing you . I-m using imac27, macbook pro , mac pro and rarely a Hp laptop ). But Synergy ...nah ! Sorry to say that but i-ve seen way better music p.c.-s than yours. No ratings at all ?? Anywhere ? Its your product and yeah ...it must be good , right ? i Am enjoying my macs all the time ! Thanks!

Ps. Oh. never had a Crap Inc. Dell and never will. probaly i -ll. buy one of yours and test for 24 hours then send it back with at least 10 complaints . I used to work for Microsoft, Cisco, Red Hat and few other top brands in It industry now got my own business in IT , of course

Enjoy your System
Old 9th March 2010 , 11:31 PM
Keeper o' the Keys!

Grow up....
Old 10th March 2010 , 11:36 AM
Synergy Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boulden View Post
Ben, if you could specify exactly which benchmark software and which results you'd like to collate, I'd happily run them on my self-built DAW (Asus P7P55D, Core i7 860, 8Gb ram, 2Tb SATA RAID0, Win7 64bit, Cubase 5) and post the results.
http://www.dawbench.com/benchmarks.htm

They've just released a new batch of tests which should be much more suited across the board. Even MAC's.

We do a fair amount of our own in house testing, but I haven't had a chance to load up the new DAWbench tests to see how they perform. There's a pretty bir resource over at the SOS forums.

Hopefully I can get something up soon though.

Tech support, exclusive sneaky peaks and general MI life
bscully is offline Offline
Old 10th March 2010 , 11:42 AM
Synergy Engineer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kay7 View Post
You made me laugh, really. I was testing you . I-m using imac27, macbook pro , mac pro and rarely a Hp laptop ). But Synergy ...nah ! Sorry to say that but i-ve seen way better music p.c.-s than yours. No ratings at all ?? Anywhere ? Its your product and yeah ...it must be good , right ? i Am enjoying my macs all the time ! Thanks!

Ps. Oh. never had a Crap Inc. Dell and never will. probaly i -ll. buy one of yours and test for 24 hours then send it back with at least 10 complaints . I used to work for Microsoft, Cisco, Red Hat and few other top brands in It industry now got my own business in IT , of course

Enjoy your System
Fantastic. It's stuff like this that makes the internet such an amazing resource where every one can speak openly about what they use.

Great that you can also fill up your day with pointless posts like this too. Why would one go to such an effort to raise a dead thread, just to try to possible get a rise off of some one, who may or may not reply.

I get paid to keep an eye on this forum, I'm failing to see your excuse. It may also be that I have called your bluff and now you're hiding behind the safety of being a Mac owner, which is fine if it's true.

The DAW bench tests that are linked in my post above work on MAC too. Maybe you could redeem your self by posting the results from your vast array of MACs. I'm sure people would be dying to learn how they compare.

Tech support, exclusive sneaky peaks and general MI life
bscully is offline Offline
Old 10th March 2010 , 11:58 AM
Keeper o' the Keys!

Quote:
http://www.dawbench.com/benchmarks.htm

They've just released a new batch of tests which should be much more suited across the board.
Thanks Ben... I'll give it a run on my rig and post the results to get the ball rolling.
Old 10th March 2010 , 05:30 PM
Hell-Rider

Under the RXC test @44.1 Im topping out at about 80% with 36 tracks. although i am experiencing spikes with the LM on win 7 atm which doesnt help. then again most of this system is now coming up 4yrs old so it needs replacing.

System spec :

Intel E6600 @ 2.4
4GB Corsair XMS 2 800 Cl5
Asus P5Q deluxe
Samsung Spinpoint F3 500GB (16mb cache)
Hitachi Deskstar 500GB (16mb cache)
XFX HD5450
Zalmann ZMH 500
Cogage MST 140
Fractal design R2

Running Win 7 ultimate x64 (most fancies disabled but aero still on), Cubase 4.5.2 x86, Focusrite LS56 @256 with Focusrite LM

Oh and DPC latency tops out at about 290

I shall test my Phenom II when i get chance and tag it on here for comparison

Dave im looking forward to seeing the i7 get somewhere around 140
JAYDMF is offline Offline
Last edited by JAYDMF; 10th March 2010 at 05:45 PM. . <
Old 21st April 2010 , 06:57 PM
Uber Member

I can't wait 'til my Synergy arrives, another 3 weeks or so!
Piano is offline Offline
Old 13th May 2010 , 05:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Boulden View Post
Grow up....
Grow up what !? Id rather keep it low if i were you ....
Old 14th November 2012 , 10:00 AM
Uber Member

I see Synergy have stopped making PC's for DV. Must have been pretty recent.

To be fair, I don't think they could quite compete with the competition with regards to cost when it came to Music PC's, so I'm guessing sales were low. Could be wrong mind you!
Piano is offline Offline