View Single Post
Old 26th May 2010 , 05:13 PM
thegreek

Default Victor Wooten seminar

For all of those who weren't lucky enough to attend - [B]did you miss out[/B]!!

This was probably a [U]once in a lifetime event[/U] where fans were able to meet and engage with their hero. For Victor's part, he played and spoke for over two hours and passed on his philosophy about playing music to an enraptured crowd of over two hundred. At one point, when asked about technique, he invited the questioner onto the stage and allowed him to play his own bass while giving an inpromptue lesson!

While most would have died, the lucky person rose to the occasion and had (what really must be) a once in a lifetime experience - [B]a bass lesson from one of the best bass players in the world!![/B]

Victor , himself, was approachable and generous with his time, signing books, people's bassess and even one guy's leg where he had a tattoo of Victor. Victor was impressed and somewhat humbled - the "client" said he was off to the tattooist tomorrow to have the signature immortalised!

Everybody I spoke to had an excellent time, including the three guys who had travelled from Turkey, and since the cost of the 10 tickets (a pittance in my mind) was redeemable in-store, the net cost for a brilliant evening out was [U][B]nothing[/B[/U]]!!

I can't thank DV enough for putting on this event - but how do you follow this? More please..how about Stanley Clarke/Markus Miller/ Mick Karn?
thegreek is offline Offline