View Single Post
Old 5th August 2008 , 10:12 PM
ndk

Default Doves at Royal Festival Hall, 12th Sept 2008

Good thread T3... I was going to start a thread on same sort of thing but never got round to it.

I'm actually going to see Doves at Royal Festival Hall in September and I simply can not wait. I have wanted to see Doves for years now and as soon as I found out about it I was itching to get tickets. It's their first gig in over 3 years.

The reason being is their music brings back memories of very happy times which were then swiftly followed by a rough patch in my life which seemed to bring the whole world crashing down around me. Their music and lyrics just made sense when I was quite literally 'on top of the world', then a few months later at the bottom of the bottle. The music sums up the good times and brought me through the bad. I could go on but i think you get the picture!

Otherwise, its hard to pin point previous gigs, I have been to so many over the past 8 years or so (i'm only 25). 3 which really stand out are Oasis at Finsbury Park (2003), Bloc Party at Somerset House (2005) and Prince at O2 (2007).